30 GRAM 63/37 TIN / LEAD BASED SOLDER PASTE SYRINGE - CHEMTOOLS
Ideal for surface mount work and rework, solder paste provides a quick and easy soldering solution. Supplied in a syringe for easy application, simply apply it to the soldering pads, put your components in place, and heat it with your soldering iron. It eliminates the need for the clumsy use of typical resin core solder with fine circuits.
The solder itself is a 63% Tin, 37% Lead combination.
The syringe is supplied ina sealed plastic bag with endcaps to keep it airtight.
* Solder paste is best kept cool to ensure a long life.It is advisable to keep it refrigerated when not being used.For this reason, please ask sales staff for this product, asit will be kept in refrigerated storage, not on display.
· BROAD PRINTING PROCESS WINDOW
· EXCELLENT WETTING
· CLEAR, PIN-PROBE TESTABLE RESIDUES
· REDUCES VOIDING UNDER MICRO-BGA’S
· 24 HOUR STENCIL LIFE
· 12 - 14 HOUR TACK TIME
NC254 has been developed to offer extremely broad process windows for printing, wetting and pin probe testing. The superior wetting ability of NC254 results in bright, smooth, shiny, solder joints. NC254 offers very low post process residues, which remain crystal clear and probable even at the elevated temperatures required for today's lead free alloys. NC254 has shown to reduce or eliminate voiding under micro-BGAs. NC254 also offers highhumidity tolerance and a chemistry developed for use in air reflow. Slump and humidity tolerances found in NC254 extend the solder pastes useable life in facilities where environmental control is not at its optimum.
Standard Paste Composition:
IPC Powder Type
|Standard Stencil Printing|
|Fine Pitch Stencil Printing|
|Ultra-Fine Pitch Stencil Printing|
|Note: These are typical starting guidelines. To achieve optimal performance, actual metal load and particle size may vary per process, application, and environment.|
- NC254 has a refrigerated shelf life of 1 year and a room temperature shelf life of 6 months.
- Allow the solder paste to warm completely and naturally to ambient temperature; (8 hours is recommended), prior to breaking seal for use.
- Mix the product lightly and thoroughly, (1 to 2 minutes max.), to ensure even distribution of any separated material resulting from storage.
- Do not store new and used paste in the same container. Re-seal any opened containers while not in use.
Below are the suggested starting parameters for your screen printer. Assumptions were made as to the printer types used in today’s applications, and adjustments will vary between equipment, application and facility environment.
SNAP-OFF DISTANCE: ON CONTACT (0.00”)
SQUEEGEE PRESSURE: .6 - .7 LBS/IN. OF BLADE
PCB SEPARATION DISTANCE: .030-.050”
SQUEEGEE STROKE SPEED: .5 - 6 IN/SEC * DEPENDENT ON PCB AND PAD DESIGNS
PCB SEPARATION: SPEED MEDIUM
- Apply sufficient paste to the stencil to allow a smooth, even roll during the print cycle. A bead diameter of 1/2 to 5/8 inch is normally sufficient to begin.
- Apply small amounts of fresh solder paste to the stencil at frequent, controlled intervals to maintain paste chemistry and workable properties.
- Cleaning of your stencil will vary according to the application; however, it can be accomplished using AIM200AX-10 stencil cleaner. Use 200AX-10 in moderation and remove any excess cleaner from the stencil surface.
- 254 provides the necessary tack time/force for today’s high-speed placement equipment. Ensuring proper support of PCBs during assembly and handling will enhance product performance and reliability.
NC254 can be cleaned, if necessary, with saponified water or an appropriate solvent cleaner. Please refer to the AIM No-Clean-Cleaner Matrix for a list of suitable cleaning materials.